Print Bookmark

Notes


Matches 401 to 450 of 450

      «Prev 1 2 3 4 5

 #   Notes   Linked to 
401 Salem Cemetery is near Trenton, Tennessee and close to a community called Laneview or Loneview. Williams, James Franklin (I1538)
 
402 Samuel died in 1787 accidentally drowned in the Susquehanna River near his home in Hanover, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. Jamison, Samuel (Jemison) (I1923)
 
403 Sarah Helen Jamison never married. She lived and died at her sister, Mary Williamson home. Jamison, Sarah Helen (I0914)
 
404 Sarah Jamison & Joseph Parke marriage recorded at this web site:

http://www.rays-place.com/marrage/voluntown-ct.htm 
Jamison, Sarah (Jemison) (I1933)
 
405 Sarah Thetford had a half brother and sister from her fathers second marriage to Sarah Arnold.


BURIED IN THE WILLIAMS FAMILY CEMETERY NEAR IDLE WILE, TENN. 
Thetford, Sarah ( Susan ) Prudence (I0033)
 
406 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Family F0467
 
407 Second Date of Birth for Rebecca Jane Williams is march 26, 1848. Williams, Rebecca Jane (I0026)
 
408 Served in the Union Army during Civil War. Enlisted at Pilot Knob, Missouri January 9, 1862. Fought at Helena, Arkansas, Champion Hills, Mississippi, Vicksburg, Mississippi Shiloh, Tennessee. Mustered out April 1865 at New Orleans, Lousiana, and Re enlisted at Algiers, Lousiana and served until August 1865. He served with the 1st Missouri Light Artillery. Family lore states he drove an ammunition wagon. He belonged to the George Bryan Post 284 of the GAR in Belgrade, Missouri which was organized September 1886. His GAR medal is in the possession of his granddaughter as well as a reference book he owned. He enlisted as a Private and Mustered out as a Sergeant. Mustered out at Benton Barracks, St. Louis, Missouri. Downard, James Marshall (I1251)
 
409 She died in early life. Wilson, Caroline (I2686)
 
410 Some question as to whether or not Anslie is the same daughter as Pyrlie (Purlie) D. Jamison. If not then there is an eighth chile with the name Pyrlie.
 
Jamison, Anslie (Pearlie) (I1127)
 
411 SOURCE: Cemetery location:
Bethlehem Church Cemetery, Baptist, Sec. 25, Town. 50, 4. 13, 3 miles south of Harrisburg, Boone Co., Missouri
 
Jamison, Frances (Franky) (I3738)
 
412 Sources:


Title: World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1
Author: Broderbund Software, Inc.
Publication: Release date: November 29, 1995
Note: Customer pedigree.
Repository:
Call Number:
Media: Family Archive CD
Page: Tree #2871
Text: Date of Import: Oct 17, 1999

Title: World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1
Author: Broderbund Software, Inc..
Publication: Release date: November 29, 1995
Note: Customer pedigree
Repository:
Call Number:
Media: Family Archive CD
Text: Date of Import: Oct 17, 1999

Title: Wendycopy.FTW
Repository:
Call Number:
Media: Other
Text: Date of Import: Dec 19, 1999

 
Craig, James (I4662)
 
413 St. Francois County Library Records:

Thomas H. Downard
Thomas Harry Downard of near Hereford, Arizona, died December 25, 1965, following a lingering illness. A native Missourian and former area resident, he was known as "Rock House Harry" and would have celebrated his 85th birthday on December 29, 1965. Funeral services on December 28, 1965, were from the Hubbard Mortuary in Bisbee, Arizona and interment was in Memory Gardens with Masonic rites conducted at the grave side.
Mr. Downard was born in Wayne County, Missouri in 1880 and came to Arizona in 1929, residing in Lowell where he was employed by Phelps Dodge Corp. and Shattuck Denn. He retired in 1945. For the past 17 years, Mr. Downard lived with his daughter, Mrs. Irene Sweeney, at Rock House, located along the foothills of Huachuca Mountains.
he was a 50 year member of the Masonic Lodge No. 154, A.F.&A.M., Desloge, Missouri. His wife, Mary Jane Downard, died in 1940. He is survived by three daughters, Mrs. James (Daisy Irene) Sweeny of Hereford, Mrs. William Roy (Hazel) Govreau of Grants Pass, Oregon, and Mrs. Frances (Icelmae) Downs of Tempe, Arizona. Five grandchildren, one sister, and one brother also survive. Mr. Downard leaves nine great grandchildren.

***************************************************************************************************************

Family stories say Uncle Harry went to Bisbee, Arizona and worked in the copper mines for years. He used to come to Missouri for a month every summer to visit family and he came on the train. He was a 3rd Degree Mason for 50 years and he had a wonderful sense of humor. There may have been more than 4 children born to these parents. 
Downard, Thomas Harrison (I2327)
 
414 Subject: KY-F: MARR: Johns(t)on Marriages, 1799-1833, Shelby Co
John JOHNSON md Polly Jameson, dau of Abr. JAMESON b 19-OCt-1809 b Jacob FRY



Merced, CA 1870 Federal Census

248a 27 Jamison Albert S. 2 California pg0246a.txt
246a 17 Jamison D. A. 49 Missouri pg0246a.txt
248a 25 Jamison Edward 25 Arkansas pg0246a.txt

246a 21 Jamison John 22 Arkansas pg0246a.txt
246a 19 Jamison Latimer 13 California pg0246a.txt
246a 18 Jamison Nancy 43 Kentucky pg0246a.txt
248a 26 Jamison Narcissa 18 Arkansas pg0246a.txt
246a 20 Jamison W. Scott 3 California pg0246a.txt
273a 3 Jamson Emelie J. 15 Indiana pg0270a.txt
273a 2 Jamson Hannah 35 Ohio pg0270a.txt
273a 5 Jamson James L. 7 Missouri pg0270a.txt
273a 4 Jamson Susan 9 Missouri pg0270a.txt
273a 6 Jamson William J. 5 Missouri pg0270a.txt
273a 1 Jamson Z. T. 36 Missouri pg0270a.txt



Barry county Missouri, marriage records 1886-1897 A - C

Casey, Benjamin F (19) Dec. 23, 1896 Jamison, Margaret C (17)
Craig, Vandilla O. May 22, 1890 Jimerson, John H


Dry Fork Cemetery, Callaway County, Missouri

JAMISON
Clarissa, wife of E. Jamison, d. Sept.25, 1794-Jan 31, 1887, ag
yr. 4 mo.
Nancy R., wife of J.W. d. Spt. 18, 1880 aged 55 yrs, 19 days
J.W. d. Sept. 26, 1901, aged 77 yrs 4 mo. 16 days
M. Doak, son of J.W. and N.P, d. Sept 21, 1886, aged 17 yrs 3mo, 21 days.
Mollie S. daughter of J.W. and N.R. March 18, 1861-Feb 14, 1882
Little Harry, son of A.H. and M.S. d. June 11, 1886, aged 1 yr 9 mo.


Vital Statistics: H-K Surnames: Pennsylvania Marriages Previous to 1790: PA Archives, Series II, Vol. II

29 Aug 1764 Jamison, Alexander, and Isabell Poak

12 Mar 1767 Jamison, Jane, and Moses Crawford

2 Dec 1768 Jamison, John, and Martha Greer

25 Apr 1768 Jamison, Margaret, and James Roney

28 Sept 1769 Jamison, Mary, and John Harvey

18 Apr 1767 Jamison, Robert, and Hannah Baird

15 Dec 1767 Jamison, Thomas, and Jane Long

21 July 1769 Jamison, William, and Hannah Edminston


GIBSON COUNTY TN - VITAL RECORDS - 1824-1950 Marriages =C= listings

MARTHA CASEY JAMISON, GEORGE 1880 RUTH CRAVEN JAMISON, HANLIE 1918
TENNIE CROCKER JAMISON, JOHN 1896
IDA CROWDER JAMISON, S. E. 1882



SCOTT COUNTY ARKANSAS
PRE-1882 MARRIAGES
JAMISON/JIMISON, Thomas J. to Manerva Jane JONES, md 21 Feb 1867




DENT COUNTY MISSOURI MARRIAGES - SORTED BY BRIDE'S SURNAME
26-May-63 JAMERSON, HANE A. E. HOBSON, JAMES H. A 224
27-Jul-66 JAMISON, ELENOR MAHURIN, W. D. A 166
21-Nov-66 JAMISON, SARAH L. MAHURIN, D. G. A 138
4-Mar-55 JAMISON, SARAH RICHARDS, SAMUEL F. A 44
12-Apr-66 JIMERSON, SAMANDA JANE McELFRESH, JOHN A 37





1850 Federal Census Pope County, Arkansas (Index: File 2 of 4)

289A 32 IMISON Eliza M. 11 AR pg0284b.txt
241B 33 IMISON George W. 32 MO pg0240a.txt
289A 35 IMISON Isaac 21 MO pg0284b.txt
241B 35 IMISON Jessee 7 AR pg0240a.txt
241B 38 IMISON John 1 AR pg0240a.txt
289A 33 IMISON John G. 9 AR pg0284b.txt
241B 37 IMISON Martha 3 AR pg0240a.txt
289A 31 IMISON R.W. 38 MO pg0284b.txt
241B 34 IMISON Sarah H. 25 MO pg0240a.txt
289A 34 IMISON Webster 3 AR pg0284b.txt
241B 36 IMISON William 5 AR pg0240a.txt


240A 7 JAMISON Anselm H. 37 MO pg0240a.txt
240A 10 JAMISON John H.S. 5 AR pg0240a.txt
240A 9 JAMISON Julia F. 6 AR pg0240a.txt
240A 8 JAMISON Maria W. 24 AL pg0240a.txt
240A 11 JAMISON Mary C. 6/12 AR pg0240a.txt 
Information, General II (I2955)
 
415 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Living (I1375)
 
416 Text:
"[Martha Meriwether] seemed to think that if there was not more stir in the family than her husband made all would go to the dogs. She was in a state of restless anxiety... She was afraid the boys would be shot when hunting or drowned when fishing. A stranger, riding up to the house one day, and hearing her crying, "Where is Nick? where is Val?" was greatly distressed, imagining that the Indians had carried off some of the children, and was amusingly relieved to find that her alarm was about her two grown sons, who had not returned to the house at the usual time."
Louisa H.A. Minor The Meriwethers and Their Connections


Family Notes on Marriage with Francis Meriwether:
Title: Notes
Text:
Nelson Heath Meriwether in The Meriwethers and Their Connections lists 10 children in this family, with Dr. Nicholas Lewis Meriwether the 10th.
Dr. Nicholas Lewis Meriwether's grave states he is the 9th child of Francis and Martha Meriwether.
***************************************************************************************************

1. Title: The Meriwethers and Their Connections
Author: Nelson Heath Meriwether
Publisher: Artcraft Press, Columbia, Missouri, 1964
Page: 78-79, 206

2. Title: TMSI Research Database GEDCOM
Author: The Meriwether Society, Inc.
URL: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tmsidb0
Media Type: Electronic

3. Title: Wilkes County, Georgia Resources website
Author: Suzanne Ammons, Flowery Branch, Georgia
Publisher: 4/16/2003
URL: http://www.rootsweb.com/~gawilkes/sources.htm

************************************************************************************************
®38 dar 17935 says Martha Jameson m. Francis Meriwether b. 1737 issue Thomas Meriwether Jr. nhm page 78 says ten children Colonial Families in the U.S. of A.:Volume 5 p.394 Issue Francis II b. 1737; m. Martha Jamieson
 
Jamison, Martha Gaines (I4251)
 
417 Text:
David Jameson married Mildred Smith, daughter of Edmund Smith and Ganes his wife.. Meade, in Old Churches and Old Families of Virginia, says her tombstone was lying down on the Temple Farm. The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol., p-12, gives the inscription There on as follows: " Underneath this Marble lies the Body of Mildred Jameson Wife of David Jameson and Daughter of Edmund and Agnes Smith She departed this life the 11th day December, 1778 In the Forty Sixth Year of her Age." The tomb has the Jameson arms impaling Smith, with a ship as the crest. 
Smith, Mildred (I4645)
 
418 Text:
From: Johnson, Erica Date: 07/18/05 11:31:02 To: 'NAVYBEAR' Subject: RE: CLOSING THOUGHTS ON THE HASTINGS FAMILY
Dear Mr Hastings,
Thank-you for your recent e-mail and the wonderful family tree that you attached, you have done so well to get such a long lineage back to the 15th Century.
Why did the family change their name form Hairstones to Hastings?, Well I notice that this change seems to take place around the late 1700's, when written records are becoming far more common. It is likely that the name was changed by the local Parish Session Clerk, possibly a new man taking over the job around that time decided that the name given to him by the family when the children were baptized sounded like Hastings, in the heavy local accent, and once changed it simply became the accepted spelling. At that time very few people could read or write and the family may not have realized that the Clerk had spelt the name differently from previous entries in the record.
If you want to check out the following website:
www.bennygillies.co.uk
It is that of a local antiquarian bookseller and I am sure he will be able to help you find the book you require.
Glad to have been able to help you, best wishes for your future researches.
Regards,
Erica Johnson Research Officer Libraries, Information & Archives. Ewart Library, Catherine Street, Dumfries, DG1 1JB. Internal Tel: 64286 Tel: 01387-253820 Fax: 01387-260294 Drop Point No: 223 e-mail: EricaJ@dumgal.gov.uk Website: http://www.dgc.gov.uk/service/depts/comres/library/gresearch.asp?mode=servic es
Any e mail message sent or received by the Council may require to be disclosed by the Council under the provisions of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. =
Title: Hastings and Crooker Families of Woolwich, ME.FTW
Media Type: Other
Source Text: Date of Import: Oct 16, 2004


Title: 2004 CROOKER FAMILY OF BATH.FBC BACKUP.GED
Media Type: Other
Source Text: Date of Import: 2 Mar 2005


Title: Daker Family Tree.GED
Media Type: Other
Source Text: Date of Import: 25 Jul 2005


Title: 1930 United States Federal Census
Media Type: Ancestry.com
Source Text: Ancestry.com. 1930 United States Federal Census. [database on-line] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2002. Indexed by Ancestry.com from microfilmed schedules of the 1930 U.S. Federal Decennial Census.1930 United States Federal Census. [database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2001. Data imaged from National Archives and Records Administration. 1930 Federal Population Census. T626, 2,667 rolls. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration. Chicago, Cook, Illinois, ED 1064, roll 458, page 15B, image 542.0.







============================================================ [Hastings and Crooker Families of Woolwich, ME.FTW]
HASTINGS Researched by Norma Hastings Brogdon A gift to the Hastings family of today
The name Hastings is of an illustrious family in history. The origin is Danish. In the early days of the British Kingdom the Danes made frequent incursions upon that part of England and Scotland bordering upon the North Sea. It was in one of these incursions that Hastings, a Danish chieftain, may have been captured in the area of Sussex County. This family retained its estates when William the Conqueror came to power in 1066. There were of course several branches of the Hastings family and the branch from which we are descended is what I have traced here.
The town of Hastings in Sussex County is 64 miles from London, England. As early as 700 A.D. it was the residence of the HAESTINGAS tribe, (Haesta's People), a settlement important in the Anglo-Saxon era. The old English word Haest means violence. Near here, the Battle of Hastings was fought in 1066 between the forces of Harold the Saxon and William of Normandy. The ruins of the ancient castle of Hastings still stands by the sea.
Robert Fitz Rail "The Marshall" (grandson of Miles Lord of Venoix and Marshall to the Norman Dukes), was Bailiff of Hastings in Sussex in 1066 and his son was known as William De Hastings, whose descendants assumed the Hastings surname. Two branches of the family of Hastings stem from this first William. First the EARLS of PEMBROKE and second, the EARLS of HUNTINGDON. The Hastings family of Yorkshire and Leicester is one of the oldest in England and one of the most illustrious in its history, holding land from the Crown for centuries and serving as hereditary stewards from the time of William the Conqueror, charged with the administration of the Crown revenues and the King's household.
The powerful Baron, Sir William Hastings, was immortalized by Shakespeare in his play "Richard III". The family held nineteen peerages and was allied by marriage, with the royal families of England, Scotland, France and Spain. Henry, Lord Hastings, Earl of Huntingdon (1536-1595), by virtue of the royal lineage of his mother, Catherine of Huntingdon Pole, Countess of Huntingdon, was a strong and eligible contender for the English Throne.
The Hastings coat of arms: a maunch gules, the maunch (or sleeve) signifying the royal steward. The Latin motto of the Lords Hastings is "IN VERITATE VICTORIA". (Victory lies in the truth).
There were a few key factors that caused so many of our ancestors to leave England. The "Great Migration" of the I 600s was caused.partly by an economic depression and perhaps not coincidentally, by the Puritan movement which developed deep roots in East England and its bordering counties. The Church of England eventually tired of this and helped drive the militants to the new world.
The first Hastings of our line to be born in America was Robert, son of Walter & Sarah Meane Hastings. He was born May 11,1654 in Haverhill, Essex County, Massachusetts. From Massachusetts, the families over time, moved into New Hampshire and then to Vermont. The story that has been familiar in our present family, is that four Hastings brothers came to America and the brother from whom we are descended, married an Indian girl. As yet I have not proved that.
The HASTINGS FAMILY that I am descendant from is a direct line from THOMAS HASTINGS, my grandfather who emigrated from Glasgow Scotland about 1914 with his wife, Janet Claire Fisher, and eight children (sever were born in Scotland, and my Father, Robert Murray Hastings was born in Canada about 1914. Grandfather and Grandmother, and all children were naturalized citizens in 1923 with naturalization papers and certification documents.
 
Hastings, Robert Murray (I3480)
 
419 The "Missouri Pioneer's" book, Volume 7, Franklin County, Missouri, list an Ephriam Jamison as a Homesteader before 1831. His Post Office was listed as Washington, Missouri. Section 35 Township 44, 1W. Dated June 15, 1818.

The "Missouri Pioneer's" book, Volume 9, Franklin County, Missouri, Tax list, Missouri Territory, list Ephraim Jamison as living in St. John Township dated 1819.

The "Missouri Pioneers" book, Volume 10, Hickory County, Missouri Probate Court records states that April 1846 Ephraim Jamison was Deceased, Letter granted to Joseph W. Jamison and Benjamin Miller.
 
Jamison, Ephraim C. (I0550)
 
420 The 1860 Gibson County, Tennessee Census list Sam Jamison, age 18 as a laborer. Sam was probably Josiah's brother. Jamison, Josiah C. (I0038)
 
421 The 1870 census for Merced reads: George Edward Jamison and Narcissa Jamison with son Albert Sidney 2. Family F0356
 
422 The 1880 Greene County, Arkansas census from Clark ( Union ) Township list John T. Pierce and his family. It also list a Sarah A. Higgens white / female age 15 as his stepdaughter. it also list a Nancy Williams, white / female age 72 as his widowed mother who was born in Georgia. Pierce, John T. (I0057)
 
423 The Amesbury records were from Old Norfolk County and
registered for Salisbury.
 
Jamison, Mary (I4533)
 
424 The following information was found at this web site 8-2-2009:

http://www.conneautohio.us/Ashtaco_ConneautHistory_bios_p.htm

(I am posting the information as there is no copyright shown on the web site. If there are copyright issues please inform me and I will remove this information.)

JOHN JAMISON PEARCE, a member of the Central Pennsylvania Methodist Episcopal Conference, and a resident of Conneaut, Ohio, was born in Luzerne, Pennsylvania, February 28,1826, son of Rev. Marmaduke and Hannah (Stuart) Pearce, the latter being a descendant of Prince John Alden, who came over in the Mayflower. His paternal ancestor, Edward Pearce, served in the battle of the Boyne.
Rev. Marmaduke Pearce was born in Chester county, Pennsylvania, August 18, 1776, and was a self-educated man. He was inti mately associated with Dr. George Peck (brother of Bishop Jesse T. Peck,) who, in his history of Methodism in the Wyoming valley, says: " Rev. Marmaduke Pearce was the strongest man in the Genesee Conference, although he seldom ever spoke." He was for years a Presiding Elder, and for many years was stationed in Baltimore and other prominent places. He was again and again elected a delegate to the General Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church. After a long and useful life he passed to his reward, his death occurring in Berwick, Columbia county, Pennsylvania, September 11, 1852. His wife was born in 1781, and died at Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, October 21, 1859. She was a member of the church from her early girlhood, and her whole life was characterized by the sweetest of Christian graces. They had three children. Stewart, the oldest, was born November 26, 1820, and died October 13, 1882. He was a man of prominence in his day, was a historian of some note, served two terms in the Legislature of Pennsylvania; was Postmaster of Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, eight years, and served as Collector of Tolls on the Pennsylvania Canal and Railroad at Columbia, Pennsylvania, for some time. While occupying the last named position he lost his eyesight, and thereafter used an amanuensis. He accumulated a large fortune, and in his will left $27,000 to various benevolences. He was a believer in the Christian religion and died in that faith. During his life he placed ten or twelve memorial slabs over various points in the Wyoming valley, where, during the Indian history, noted events occurred. It should be here stated that John Jameson, grandfather of our subject, was the last man massacred by the Indians in the Wyoming valley. Stewart Pearce was never married. Cromwell, the second of the family, was born July 1, 1823, and died June 16, 1872. He was a graduate of law; was married November 27, 1861, to Miss Sarah H. Taylor, of Owego, New York, and was a genial, jolly man, kind-hearted and generous, and a favorite with all.
Rev. John J. Pearce is the youngest of the family and the only one left to bear his father's name. He became an itinerant minister when a boy less than eighteen years of age, and in 1844 joined the Baltimore Conference, of which he was a member ten years. His first work was on Lycoming circuit. At that time nearly all ministers of the conference were circuit riders. In 1854 he was elected to the Thirty-fourth Congress, and while a member of that body voted for General N. P. Banks for Speaker; was closely associated with Hon. Joshua R. Giddings, and a great admirer of Benjamin Wade, who was in the Senate at that time.
In 1857, Mr. Pearce was transferred to the Wyoming Conference, and was stationed at Kingston, Pennsylvania; in 1858 he was at Owego, New York; in 1859 to 1861, was Presiding Elder of the Owego District; and from 1862 to 1864, was Presiding Elder of the Honesdale District. In 1865-66, he was in the State of Delaware. He was transferred to the Philadelphia Conference in 1867, and was stationed at Philadelphia, from which place he was sent to Pottsville, where he remained from 1868 to 1870. In 1874 he was transferred to the Central Pennsylvania Conference and stationed at Mulberry Street Church, Williamsport, where he rendered efficient service three years. Then from 1877 until 1880, he was Presiding Elder of the Williamsport District, after which he was stationed at Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, three years, and three years at Lewistown, same State. Since then he has sustained a supernumerary relation to the conference. In all these years he has been an earnest and faithful worker for the Master, and has been the means of accomplishing a vast amount of good. He spent some time in lecturing throughout the State of Pennsylvania upon the vital subjects: "Is there a future retribution? The truthfulness of Christianity," and kindred topics.
Mr. Pearce moved to Conneaut in 1892 and here invested in considerable property, which has rapidly increased in value. He is a great admirer of tine horses, and after his hours of study?for he is a student yet?it is his delight to take a drive behind his prancing steeds. His home surroundings are everything that would indicate culture and refinement.
Mr. Pearce was married February 22,1848, to Miss Elizabeth Dunn, daughter of Washington Dunn, the owner of the Great Island in Clinton county, Pennsylvania, and a sister of Judge William Dunn, a celebrated politician of Pennsylvania, now deceased. Mr. and Mrs. Pearce have four children, namely: Stewart, a railroad employee in Conneaut, married Miss Lide McGinley, and has three children: Stewart, John J. and Donald; Anna M., wife of H. S. Schalk, of Conneaut, general dispatcher on the Nickel Plate Railroad, has two children: John Pearce and Marmaduke; Bessie D., wife of F. A. Howard, a wholesale grocer of Chester, Pennsylvania, has four children: Pearce, Mary, Frederick and Ned; and Grace, a graduate of the Poston School of Oratory, is a noted elocutionist.
Mrs. Pearce and all the children, with one exception, are members of the Methodist Church. Fraternally Mr. Pearce is identified with the Masonic order, and is also a member of the K. of P. In politics, he is a Republican.
(For Source, see Note 1 Below)

Note 1:
Source 1 - Biographical History of Northeastern, Ohio Embracing the Counties of Ashtabula, Geauga and Lake.
Containing Portraits of all the Presidents of the United States with a Biography of each, together with Portraits and Biographies of Joshua R. Giddings, Benjamin F. Wade and a large number of Early Settlers and Representative Families of today.
Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company - 1893. 
Pearce, John Jameson (I2678)
 
425 The History of Crawford County list Robert P. Jamison as the Treasure for Crawford County, Missouri in 1850. He was also one of the first Trustee's appointed to the town of Steelville, Missouri.


Steelville, Crawford County, Missouri, in the Circuit Clerk's office can be found a bound volume called 'TOWN PLATS', On page 24 the following legal information;

State of Missouri

County of Crawford

SS: Be it Remembered

That on this day personally appeared before me the undersigned, and acting Justice of the Peace within and for said Robert P. Jamison and Mary Jamison, his wife and Wesley Smith and _____Smith, his wife, personally known to be the proprietors of the town plot within designated and acknowledged the same as
established under the name of Cuba City to be their act and deed for the purpose of establishing and securing a right to the purchasers of the lots therein, and the said Mary Jamison, wife of Robert P. Jamison and the _____ Smith, wife of the said Wesley Smith, being by me examined separate and apart from their said husbands and the objects of this acknowledgement being made known to them freely and voluntarily acknowledge the same without any fear or restraint or under influence on the part of their said husbands.

Given under my name and seal this 9th day of April, 1858 and recorded June 3, 1892.

J. F. Haley Recorder


1850 Census of Crawford County, Missouri list Robert P. Jamison as a Cabinet worker.

*****************************************************************************************************************

1860 Crawford County, Missouri Census; Steeleville Post Office and Township, pp 2 sheet 762, July 11, 1860.


R . P. Jamison 43MaleMerchantKentucky
Mary 38Female Virginia
E. M. 16FemaleMissouri
F. A. 14Female Missouri
Mary E. 11Female Missouri
C. D. 9Male Missouri
A. E. 6Female Missouri
F. M. 4Male Missouri
R. E. 2Male Missouri

****************************************************************************************************************

Steelville. Crawford County, Missouri was incorporated May 4, 1859 and Robert Preston Jamison was appointed trustee for one year.




Villages of Crawford County, Missouri - STEELVILLE


The first incorporation of Steelville was May 4, 1859, and the county court
upon a petition presented by Silas P. Brickey appointed R. P. Jamison,
Silas P. Brickey, William G. Pomeroy, John Halbert , and William M.
Robinson as trustees for one year or until the next election. Apparently
the town soon became unincorporated for in August 1873 another petition was
submitted for a new incorporation. At this time the petition was presented
by R. W. Dunlap. The incorporation was granted, but again was allowed to
become unincorporated by default.



The Steelville Bank began operations in October 1884, With twelve
Stockholders, namely: W. H. Lee, J. T. Coffee, W. C. Devol, L. H. Scott,
and Thomas Everson, J. D. Taylor, E. A. Bass, M. D. Jamison, G. W. Matlock,
G. W. Saunders, W. H. Ferguson, and Thomas R. Gibson. The directors were H.
Lee, J. T. Coffee, W. C. Devol, W. H. Ferguson and G. W. Matlock, and the
first officers were G. Matlock, president; J. T. Co F Coffee e e, vice
#NAME?

The building constructed for this first bank in Steelville was of brick,
thirty-six by twenty-four feet and today is the same. Later it was used
for the Crawford County Farmers Bank which was liquidated about 1935. In
1931 the cashier was W. F. Arnett, assistant cashiers W. L. Wingo, W. E.
Evans and J. H. McGinnis.

In 1925 this bank was the scene of a very exciting time when bank robbers
made an attempt to rob it. Citizens of the town and the bank officials
were "tipped off" about the plan and most of the robbers were killed in the
attempt.




 
Jamison, Robert Preston (I0874)
 
426 The middle name of Gertrude does not appear on the Aurora, Illinois birth record. Jackson, Katie Gertrude (I5021)
 
427 The name Dixson was changed to Dixon about 1800 or later.
 
Dixon, Nancy Agnes (I1928)
 
428 This information was found in the St. Louis County death records. It could be that he came to St. Louis for an illness and died there, then returned to Tennessee for burial. However there is no information to confirm this.
A copy of the St Louis county record in shown in the "Documents". Scroll down to see it.
 
Jamison, Enos (I0034)
 
429 Thomas Jamison, deceased, was born in Boterout County, Virginia, in 1783, and was the first settler of Cherry Valley, Crawford County, Missouri, which valley he named from a cluster of cherry trees growing there. He was of Scottish descent, and upon reaching manhood married Ruth Edgar, and of their four children Robert P. Jamison represented Crawford County in the Legislature. After the death of his wife, Ruth, Thomas came to Missouri, which was then a territory, crossing the Mississippi River in a canoe. In early life he was a hatter, but after coming to Missouri he engaged in mining in Washington Count, in which county he married Matilda McAdams, a native of Georgia. In 1832 they moved to Crawford County and settled in Cherry Valley, where they spent the remainder of their days. Both were members of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Thomas died in 1867, and Matilda died in 1870. Marquis De Lafayette Jamison was born in Washington County, Missouri in 1831, and from the time he was about twelve years old he was the main support of his parents, the father (Thomas) being afflicted with Rheumatism. When about 19 years old he bought a farm, and in 1852 he married Eunice Halbert, Nee, Kinworthy, who was born in Virginia in 1818. After his marriage he removed to his present home, where he owns 700 acres. He is an enterprising farmer and stock raiser, and in politics voter the Democratic ticket.
 
Jamison, Thomas (I0555)
 
430 Title: Family History
It is reported that John Jamison came to this country when his father was about twenty years of age. He was the first white man to settle within the limits of what became Little Brittain Township, Pennsylvania. The name of his first wife is unknown. There were twelve children--one of his wife and eleven of the second marriage. The order of their birth is unknown. John left about 1000 acres of land to his twelve children. It is a matter of history that "When it was a contemplation to divide the township Drumore, (from which this was taken, i.e. Little Brittain, and while one proposed one name and another offered another, with respect of considerable difficulty is settling the question,) John Jamison, one of the oldest and most prominent citizens, said to the company, "Most of us came from Great Brittain as our native place. I propose the name of Little Brittain, in memory of our mother country." The name was favorably received and the township, when organized, was named accordingly." reference: The History of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
The information is reported to be taken from "The Jamisons in America" by Ephrain Jamison, published by the Rumford Press of Concord, N.H. in 1901 at Boston, Massachusetts.
Source:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi- bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:2784473&id=I562217439


NOTE:Some of the Jamisons in Ireland made "Jameson Whiskey", which still is a well-known whiskey. Don't know if this was our family line or not.

 
Jamison, John Sir (I3706)
 
431 Title: Garner Keene Families of Northern Neck VA
Author: Ruth Ritchie & Sudie Rucker Wood
Publisher: Jarman Printing Co, Charlottesville, VA, 1952
Media Type: Book
 
McAdams, John (I1050)
 
432 Tombstone next to Matilda at the Bass-Brickey Cemetery in Steelville, Missouri is, M. D. Jamison, her son, born March 14, 1831, died July 5, 1902. McAdams, Matilda (I0875)
 
433 Tony and Catherine were divorced shortly after Mary was born. He later married Alice ?. They lived in south St. Louis city around Jefferson and Chippewa. Webb, Fredrick Anthony (I0136)
 
434 Tony was a slate tile roofer. Webb, Fredrick Anthony (I0136)
 
435 Town of Cartlingwalk was the old name for Castle Douglas. Wilson, Anne (I3634)
 
436 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Living (I1335)
 
437 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Living (I1333)
 
438 Washing County, Missouri records show Margaret B. Jamison buried at Potosi Presbyterian Cemetery, in Breton Township between High Street (Highway 8) and Breton Street, next to the old Masonic Cemetery.
 
McCreary, Margaret B. (I0896)
 
439 Washington County Missouri: Court Records

In December 1863, A James Jamison was indicted for the Murder of a paroled Confederate soldier, Newton Burden, whom he met in the road. Jamison then a Militiaman, was arrested, and, on being arraigned for trail, was granted a change of venue to Iron County, Missouri, where he was acquitted. It is unknown if this James Jamison is the same. It could be connected to the killing of his two brothers by Confederate forces in September of 1863. This James Jamison may not be the same, history list a James L. M.. Jamison.

****************************************************************************************************************


1860 Crawford County, Missouri Census: Post Office Osage
Sheet No. 835 Reel No. M653-616 Division Osage Twp. Page No. 75
Enumerated on: July 16, 1860 by: William Adair

Jamison, James H.44MFarmerMo
Jamison, L. G. 35FMo
Jamison, Mary C.18FMo
Jamison, M. H.15MMo
Jamison, A. C.12FMo
Jamison, E. M.7FMo
Jamison, F. L. E.1Mo

*****************************************************************************************************************

He appears on the 1850 census in Concord Twp of Washington County, Missouri and in 1880 census from LDS Library, he Was living in Meramac, Crawford County, Missouri and was the Constable. He lived with daughter-in-law, Mart Anderson was a widow.

1880 United States Census:

Anderson, MaryselfMfemale38MoKeeps houseMo Mo
Anderson, EtholdaugSfemale15MoAt SchoolMo Mo
Anderson, Imogen daugSfemale12MoAt SchoolMo Mo
Jamison, HomerFatherWmale64MoConstableVa Ky
Jamison, HattieSisterSfemale19MoTeach SchoolMo Mo

****************************************************************************************************************

1850 Washington County, Missouri Census Record; HH536

Name SexAgeBorn

Jamison, JamesM24Virginia
Sarah J.F20Missouri
Elizabeth C.F 1Missouri
James W.M4mo.Missouri

**************************************************************************************************************** 
Jamison, James B. C. (Homer) (I0878)
 
440 Washington County, Missouri: St. Louis Christian Advocate, Departed this life at his residence in Irondale, Washington county, Missouri 7 September 1868, James M. Jamison, only son of John and Eliza A. Jamison, Born in this county 29 June 1840. Married to Susan H. Hughs 21 December 1865, for several years past he has been engaged in the Mercantile Business in this place. Buried with Masonic Honors. J.M. Proctor and T. S. Lane, Irondale, Resolution by the Irondale Lodge #143 A.F.&A.M. Jamison, James Marion (I2082)
 
441 Washington County:
Sunlight Cemetery has Mary's middle name as Elizabeth. 
Robinson, Mary Catherine (I1253)
 
442 Went to Gold Rush in California, May of 1850, and stayed, settling in Grass Valley. Never returned to Missouri.

1880 United States Census

Wm. D. Woods selfMW64MoFarmerVaNC
Eliz. M. WoodsWifeMW58Va Keeps HouseVaVa
Jefferson W. WoodsSonSW34MoMinerMoVa
Stephen A. HolmanSonMW29MoTeacherTnTn
Julia A. HolmanDauMW24CaAt HomeMoVa

***************************************************************************************************************** 
Woods, William Duncan (I2177)
 
443 Went to Hickory, Polk County, Missouri Jamison, Ephraim (I3733)
 
444 When Hobart was around 3 years old , Lucy gave him to Freelen and Josephine (Williams) Topping to raise. Downard, Hobart Harold (I2441)
 
445 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Living (I0471)
 
446 William and his brother and their families emigrated to America in 1718

**************************************************************************************************
Individual:
[Brøderbund WFT Vol. 2, Ed. 1, Tree #2871, Date of Import: Oct 17, 1999
]

No. 963 From "The Jameson's in America"

William Jameson, son of William Jameson, was born about 1675, in the vicinity of Leith, county of Edinburgh, Scotland. He married in the county of Antrim, Province of Ulster, Ireland, where he resided for several years, and in 1718 emigrated with his family to New England in America, and settled in Purpooduck, Falmouth, Province of Maine, where he continued to reside to the end of life. Mr. Jameson died after 1734. Mrs. Jameson died after 1728.

Mr. Jameson, when a lad, removed with his parents and their other children from Scotland into Ireland. His father was a rigid Presbyterian, and a zealous supporter of the "Solemn League and Covenant," and shortly after the accession of King James II the persecution of the Covenanter was vigorously renewed, and became so intolerable that, taking his wife and children, he abandoned his home and the scenes in the midst of which his ancestors had dwelt for generations, quit Scotland forever, passed over into Ireland, and settled at length in Omagh, county of Tyrone, province of Ulster. This was about 1685. A little later, in 1689, at the siege of Londondarry, it is said that William Jameson, Sr., was engaged in its defense, and, as tradition has it, served with such gallantry that subsequently he was freed from all taxation by order of King William.

Mr. Jameson, like his father, was evidently a man of courage, enterprise, and strong religious convictions. This appears in the fact of his braving the perils of the ocean with his wife and family to come to America, and on arrival not remaining in Boston but pushing his way along the coast to the eastward, and after much privation and hardship making a settlement as a pioneer in the woods of Maine.

Landing in Falmouth, the first winter was passed in want and suffering hardly second to those of the Pilgrims at Plymouth a hundred years before. But no sooner had he established himself and family and made his home in the new country than he manifested a spirit of active interest and zeal in the church and in civil affairs. His piety and his patriotism are reflected by records now extant. Not only is his name enrolled on the records of the church, but in active service against the Indians on the "Muster-roll of Capt. John Gray and Company, from June 1 to Nov. 30, 1725," appear the the name of William Jameson and his son, Martin Jameson.

Mr. Jameson's brother, John Jameson, and family came with him to America, and lived for a time in Milton, New Boston, Massachusetts, and a few years later settled in Voluntown, Connecticut, of whom and his descendants some account has been given in a previous chapter of this volume (The Jameson's in America).

Robert and Henry Jameson, who came to America and landed about 1708 or later in Philadelphia, were also his brothers.

Mr. Jameson reared a large family of children, some of whom were born in Ireland and some in Falmouth, Maine. Seven of the children were married and had families.

Patience Jameson, the youngest daughter so far as known, receives only the following mention: "Patience Jameson, under care of John and Sarah Libbey united with the Church in Scarboro, Maine, April 17, 1743, and was baptized the same day."

Mr. Jameson appears in certain transactions in land, among which are the following: Jeremiah Jurden, April 1, 1723, sells to William Jameson of the town of Falmouth 50 acres of land in Spurwinch. William Jameson of Falmouth Dec. 25 1733 conveys 60 acres of land in Falmouth Barbary Creek to his son Martin Jameson of Falmouth. William Jameson of Falmouth in 1734 conveys 60 acres of land in Scarborough to his grandson William McKenney.

References: New England History. Gen. Register, Vol XLIX, p. 189. York County Records, Vol. XI, p. 113; Vol. XVI, p. 108; Vol. XVII, p. 230. Records of Scarboro' Church, Maine.

Sources:

Title: World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1
Author: Broderbund Software, Inc.
Publication: Release date: November 29, 1995
Note: Customer pedigree.
Repository:
Call Number:
Media: Family Archive CD
Page: Tree #2871
Text: Date of Import: Oct 17, 1999

Title: World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1
Author: Broderbund Software, Inc..
Publication: Release date: November 29, 1995
Note: Customer pedigree
Repository:
Call Number:
Media: Family Archive CD
Text: Date of Import: Oct 17, 1999

Title: Wendycopy.FTW
Repository:
Call Number:
Media: Other
Text: Date of Import: Dec 19, 1999
************************************************************************************************

1. Title:
New England Marriages Prior To 1700

Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior To 1700 (Balt, MD: Genealogical Publishing Company, Inc., 1985)

2. Title: Ephraim Orcutt Jameson, The Jameson's in America (Boston, MA: The R
umford Press, 1901)

3. Title:
The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown


Thomas Bellows Wyman, The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown --
In the County of Middlesex and Commonwealth of Massachusetts 1629-1818, 2 vols. (Boston, MA: D. Clapp and Son, 1879 (reprinted by the New England History Press, 1982])
“A little over a hundred years have passed since the first publication of
Thomas Bellows Wyman's The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown in 1879. Its broad scope, the thoroughness of its scholarship and the meticulousness of its detail have made it an indispensable tool for the student of history, and the genealogist alike. It has continuously enjoyed the reputation of being one of the best and most accurate books of its type. Charlestown is particularly fortunate in that almost all of its early records have survived, despite the burning of the town by the British in 1775. What makes The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown superior to most other works of its kind is that the author utilized not only obvious sources of information-town and church records-but other types of documents as well, particularly the deeds, and probate and court files of Middlesex County. For over thirty years Wyman collected material from many sources relating to Charlestown's inhabitants from its earliest settlement to 1818, carefully sifting them for their genealogical value. Correlating the facts from these sources and weighing the evidence in his typically impartial manner, he produced a book whose accuracy has stood up to a century of scrutiny. The result is a monumental genealogical compendium of all families and individuals for nearly the first two centuries of the town's existence. As one of the older settlements in New England, Charlestown is genealogically one of the most significant. Many well established families trace their be­beginnings to Charlestown. From this base people settled all over New England and beyond, and today thousands of Americans can trace lines of ancestry back to its early families. Thus, the book's importance reaches well beyond Charles­town's borders. In addition to being a "parent" town, Charlestown was a major seaport, attracting a constant stream of merchants, mariners and seamen, some of whom intermarried with the local populace and added to the blend of surnames. The most remarkable feature of the book is Wyman's complete lack of discrimination between the distinguished and less distinguished town residents. Most town histories written before or since typically devote most of their space to prominent individuals or families or those of long-standing residence while only mentioning briefly -- or omitting entirely -- the lesser lights. Wyman's method allowed for no such distinction. He was fond of saying that the persons and families eminent in social station or political preferment were sure of recognition in a thousand ways not open to their less fortunate neighbors, and that his aim had been to gather the scattered memorials of the many, rather than to write panegyrics on the few. The book's plan is straightforward, and the alphabetical arrangement of the genealogies does away with the need for a name index. For the larger families an index for the heads of each individual family group is provided at the beginning of the family sketch. Each sketch is divided into two parts: the genealogies and the estates. It is this latter section in which the author makes his most valuable contribution. By making these records readily available, the need to seek out the often inaccessible or deteriorating originals, is eliminated. Besides the genealogies and estates, several other features contribute to the book's usefulness. Among these arc the chronological schedule of conveyances to 1818, a schedule of the ancient colored inhabitants on record prior to 1800, and an 1818 map of the town. Page: p. 418 and p. 548

****************************************************************************************************





















 
Jamison, William Jr. (I1938)
 
447 William Brickey was a "Fifer" in the Revolutionary War and was present at the surrender of Cornwallis. He received a pension of $50.00 per year. Brickey, William (I1077)
 
448 William Duncan Woods and Elizabeth Jamison both of Washington County, Missouri, she being a minor by consent of her parents; married on 10 October 1839 by John Thomas, licensed preacher of the M.E.C. at Washington County, Missouri; Witnesses: Jam Jamison, Diana Jamison, Green Woods. According to the marriage index created by Paul Simpson and posted in the USGenWeb archives, the entry should be William D. Woods. Family F0778
 
449 William H. Gulliver and Susan Jamison both of lawful age and both of Washington County, Missouri; Married on 30 December 1843 by John Thomas, licensed Preacher of the M.E.Church at Washington County, Missouri, Witnesses: William D. Woods, Elizabeth Woods, Joseph O. Woods. Family F0781
 
450 William Moore served as a Sergeant Major with the 14th. Missouri Calvery during the Civil War. He first enlisted in the 3rd Missouri State Militia Calvary , Company H, at Pilot Knob, Missouri, on September 24, 1864. His father was born in Pennsylvania and his mother in Virginia.

Freeborn Township, Clarkston, Missouri census list William as 40 years of age and Elvira as 26, Daniel is listed as 2 years old and Anne Edith as 1 month old.

Sgt. William H. Moore lit the fuse that blew up Fort Davidson in Arcadia Valley, Missouri, Sept 1864, during the Civil War. 
Moore, William Harry (I0077)
 

      «Prev 1 2 3 4 5


This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, v. 11.0.1, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2017.